General Terms & Conditions for Accommodation Contract
Article 1(Scope of Application)
- Contracts for accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph.
Article 2(Application for Accommodation Contract)
- A guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
(1) Name of the Guest(s)
(2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival
(3) Accommodation charges (based in principle on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No. 1)
(4) イ Name and contact information of applicant
ロ Name and contact information of payer
(5) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- If Guests request to extend their stay, during their stay, beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Article 3(Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.)
- A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply where it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit set by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charge to be paid by the Guest, secondly for cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for reparations under Article 18 as applicable. The remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of payment for accommodation as stated in Article 12.
- If the Guest fails to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of Payment of the deposit is specified.
Article 4(Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case when the Hotel has not requested payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as though the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Article 5(Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
- The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
(2) When the Hotel is fully booked and there is no vacancy.
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation.
(4) When the person requesting Hotel accommodation is under any of the following case
イ to ハ
イ a member of an organized crime group, under Article 2-6 of Law on Preventing Unreasonable Conduct by Organized Crime Groups (Code 77 issued in 1991), or a related party, under Article 2-2 of said law.
ロ When the Guest requestion accommodation is in a gang, a gang member or is part of or related to an organization associated with gangs.
ハ When the Guest requesting accommodation is associated with a corporation or organization whose board members or members are identified as gangsters and who control business.
(5) When the person requesting Hotel could cause annoyance to other guests.
(6) When the Hotel and/or hotel staff are violently threatened or unreasonably burdened by the Guest.
(7) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease.
(8) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of facilities and/or other unavoidable causes.
(9) When provisions of Article 4 of The Fukuoka Prefectural Ordinance are applicable.
(10) When our hotel doesn’t agree that the guest isn’t appropriate to stay.
Article 6(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel.
- If the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of payment of cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- If the Guest does not appear by 0:00 p.m. of the accommodation date without advance notice (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified), the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Article 7(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contract by the Hotel)
- The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following circumstances:
(1) When the Guest is deemed liable for conduct and/or has conducted himself/herself in a manner that will violate laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his/her accommodation.
(2) When the person requesting Hotel accommodation is under any of the following case
イ to ハ.
イ When the Guest requesting accommodation is in a gang, a gang member, part of or related to an organization associated with gangs or r a member of an antisocial group that threatens the order and safety of society.
ロ When the Guest requesting accommodation is in a gang, a gang member or is part of or related to an organization associated with gangs.
ハ When the Guest requesting accommodation is associated with a corporation or organization whose board members or members are identified as gangsters and who control business.
(3) When a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests.
(4) When the Guest can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease.
(5) When the Hotel and/or Hotel staff suffers from violent threat or unreasonable burden from the Guest.
(6) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure.
(7) When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct him/herself in a manner that would be against Fukuoka Hotel Business Law ordinances.
(8) When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, tampers with fire-fighting facilities and otherwise breaches Hotel Regulations stipulated by the Hotel restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid causing fires).
- If the Hotel has canceled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not charge the Guest for any of the services during the contractual period he/she has not received
- The Guest shall register the following particulars the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation:
(1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s)
(2) Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan
(All Guests of foreign nationality who do not reside within Japan will be asked to leave a photocopy of their passport with the Front Desk.)
(3) Date and estimated time of departure
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case where the Guest intends to pay his/her accommodation charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler’s cheque coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph and pay the deposit.
Article 9(Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from check-in on the day of arrival to check-out on the day of departure.
However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy the guest room all day, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the guest room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph, in this case, extra charges shall apply.
Article 10(Observance of Hotel Regulations)
The Guest shall observe the Hotel Regulations established by the Hotel. Hotel Regulations are posted within the premises of the Hotel
Article 11(Business Hours)
- The business hours of the Hotel main facilities are notified in detail by brochures as provided, notices displayed in various places, the Service Directory in guest rooms and other means.
- The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable circumstances of the Hotel. In such cases, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Article 12(Payment of Accommodation Charges)
- The explanation of accommodation charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the attached Table No. 1.
- Accommodation charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid at Front Desk at the time of the Guest’s arrival or upon request by the Hotel in Japanese currency. Other means acceptable to the Hotel are coupons and credit cards.
- Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him/her by the Hotel.
Article 13(Liabilities of the Hotel)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- The amount of Liability for damages based on total accommodation fee
(excluding consumption tax).
- The Hotel is covered by Hotel Liability Insurance to deal with unexpected fire and/or other disasters.
Article 14(Handling when Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms)
- The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodation can’t be made, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel will not compensate the Guest.
Article 15(Handling of Deposited Articles)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to goods, cash or valuables deposited at the Front Desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest for an appraisal of the value and the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall not compensate.
- Regarding goods, Cash, and valuables, brought into the Hotel by a Guest and not entrusted to the Front Desk for safekeeping, the Hotel is not obliged to make compensation for cases other than those in which the goods are damaged by loss or destruction due to some intentional or unintentional negligence on the part of the Hotel
Article 16(Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of Guest)
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his/her arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to store it only in the case when such a request has been accepted from the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the Front Desk at the time of his/her check-in.
- When the baggage or belongings of the Guest are found after check-out, the Hotel shall keep the article for a certain period of time and handle it according to the Lost Goods Act.
and handle it according to the Lost Goods Act.
- The Hotel’s liability in regards to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the Preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
Article 17(Liability in Regard to Parking)
The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage caused through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regards to the management of the parking lot.
Article 18(Liability of the Guest)
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for damage caused through intent or negligence on part of the Guest
Article 19(Handling of personal information)
Our hotel handles the guest’s personal information properly.
Article 20(Cleaning of the rooms)
- When guests stay in the same room continuously for 2 nights or more, we will clean the rooms every day as a rule.
- Even if we receive an offer to the effect that cleaning is unnecessary from customers, we will clean the guest room at least once every 3 days in view of the purpose of laws and prefectural ordinances etc. However, we can clean rooms at any time if our hotel deems it is necessary.
- With regard to the cleaning of the rooms mentioned in the preceding paragraph, you shall not refuse this.
- Guests shall be liable for any use computer communication (Wi-Fi) services within the Hotel. The Hotel shall not be liable for any possible damages that may be caused by a systems failure or any other reasons while the computer communication (Wi-Fi) services are being used
- The Guest may be required to compensate the Hotel and third parties for any possible damages caused by the acts that we judge to be an inappropriate use of the computer communication (Wi-Fi) systems.
Article 22(Revision of terms & condition)
This general terms & conditions could be revised at any time as necessary.
Attached Table No. 1 Breakdown of Accommodation Charge
(Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2 and Paragraph 1 of Article 12)
|Accommodation charges||Accommodation charges|
|Taxes||イ Consumption Taxes|
ロ Accommodation Taxes(Fukuoka prefecture・Fukuoka city)
Accommodation charges： per person
Attached Table No. 2
Cancellation Charge for Hotel (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|Date when cancellation of contract is notified||No show||Accommodation day||1 Day Prior to Accommodation Day||2 to 7 Days Prior to Accommodation Day|
|Contracted number of rooms|
|1 to 14 (indivisual)||100%||80%||20%||―|
|15 or more (group)||100%||80%||50%||20%|
- The percentages signify the cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges＋Taxes.
- When the number of days contracted are reduced, cancellation charges for the first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
- When part of a group booking (for 15 room or more) is canceled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for persons in the booking equivalent to 10% (with fractions rounded up) of the total number of persons if cancellation is made 8 days prior to occupancy (when accepted less than 10 days prior to the occupancy, as of the date).
RULES ON USING ACCOMMODATION
Welcome to YOU STYLE HOTEL ・HAKATA. We hope that you will enjoy your stay and be able to make full use of our facilities. Hotel guests are kindly requested to observe the rules, outlined in Article 10 of the Accommodation Contract, so that their stay will be both comfortable and safe. If guests do not observe these rules, the Hotel will be obliged to cancel their accommodations and will compensate the hotel for damage.
- Please let us know the type and price of your valuables, when you keep them at front desk and our hotel do not take any responsibility for that.
イ Computer, mobile phone other IT devices.
ロ Things related to personal information(name list)
- Occupancy of a guest room by more occupants than stipulated by the accommodation is not permitted in principle. If without prior application, the number of occupants of a guest room is found to exceed the contracted number, usage charges for the number of excess occupants will be billed.
- The following acts are strictly prohibited on the premises of the accommodation:
(1) using any personal appliances for heating, cooking or ironing in the guest room.
(2) smoking on beds or other places which are easily flammable
(3) annoyance to the others by making a great noise or disgusting behaviors.
(4) Please do not bring the following into the Hotel
ロ Stimulants, narcotics and other articles prohibited by law
ハ Explosive, volatile or flammable materials.
ニ firearms or swords.
ホ Excessively large quantity of goods
ヘ Malodorous articles
ト Refuse or items detrimental to guest room hygiene.
チ Items such as electrical or cooking appliances intended for use on the premises of the accommodation
リ Other items or articles which may threaten the safety of other Hotel guests
(5) Engaging in indecent or immoral behavior in the Hotel
(6) Distributing advertising materials to other guests in the hotel is not permitted.
(7) Removing any Hotel belongings
(8) Leaving any personal belongings or goods in the Hotel’s public area
(9) Entering restricted areas of the Hotel
(10) Using hair coloring or de-coloring agents, etc., in the bathroom of guest room
(11) Burning incense in a guest room
(12) For-profit activities
(13) Engaging in any other acts detrimental to safety and hygiene on the premises of the accommodation
- The following acts are strictly prohibited on the premises of the accommodation
(1) Inviting outside visitors to your guest room
(2) Fixing pictures and posters on the window or work up to alter those existing situations.
- Room key
(1) Please make sure the door is properly locked and take with you when you leave the room.
(2) Please return the room key at front desk when you check-out.
(3) When you lost a room key, you shall pay the full cost necessary for reissuing new one.
- This Rules on using accommodation could be revised at any time as necessary.